Sunday, July 14, 2019

I Cured My Serious Neuropathy Completely In 2003

takeaways
  • smaller B12 doses more often best aka 3-5 per day, oral and injected
  • use METHYL B12 not CYANO (synthetic w/ cyanide)
  • dont just inject Methyl B12, mix a "B complex" of 5 Bs ex. 10u MethylB12 + 5u B complex +5u B6 =20u  
  • fluoroquinolone class drugs/antibiotics deplete B12: avoid.
  • find a chelation therapy practitioner/MD in your area: www.ACAM.org

https://forum.tudiabetes.org/t/i-cured-my-serious-neuropathy-completely-in-2003/8148
I cured my serious neuropathy completely in 2003 - Diabetes Complications and other Conditions / Feet - TuDiabetes Forum

My neuropathy came on in 8 days on an antibiotic called Cipro of the fluoroquinolone class.
I used all kinds of supplements once a day and that did not help for 3 months. The drug gabapentin they put you on does not help, but gives such bad side effects that it makes you worse.

The answer is to take a lot of supplements once a day...I will list them, and then take your own injections of B vitamins....you can easily do it as anyone who injects insulin knows how to do injections into subcutaneous fat.

I improved 50% in just two weeks, after having been in extreme pain all over my body for 12 weeks...I had felt that suicide might be necessary....it was like having a tooth ache all over the body...feet, hands, skin on back, around the stomach, the legs....that was 2002.
I researched on the Internet, as my boyfriend had come to look after me. The gabapentin made my blood pressure go down to 80/50 and it did not reduce the pain at all. So when the 60 capsules were finished, I asked for Tylenol 3 and did more research, on the Internet, and with 3 books. I was taking a lot of supplements once a day, but that did not help.

Then I asked my GP for 3 vials of 30ml B vitamins as he uses them in his clinic, so he gets large vials.

1=Methylcobalamin B12
2=B6
3=Bcomplex =B1,B2,B3,B5,B6
then I added in oral folic acid, Biotin....etc

I am not putting all the details now because I have to remember it all. I've had a couple of hard drive crashes.

What I suggest is that anyone can find a practitioner who does "chelation therapy" and you go ask them if they will sell you the three vials from their stocks. I only needed 4 months of injections and when I finished the B12, I just bought one more B12 and carried on for a full 1 year and 5 weeks, which is what time it took to finish 4 vials of 30ml.

Even though I had already been cured for many months, I knew the B vitamins were good for me, so I would not throw them out.

I then went off supplements for three years to see if the neuropathy would come back, and it didn't, but my mood is always better when taking B vitamins, so I even have 2 vials on the go now, that will end up lasting me over a year at a cost of just $75 for both of them.

I currently can get a "B complex forte" version that has more B6 in it and a better balance of the 5 Bs, so that is simpler than 3 vials. However, a chelation practitioner may not regularly buy the "forte version" of B complex, so I will suggest the plan I used in 2002, that I figured out on my own.

So that is what this "Discussion" will be for....to indicate the whole collection of supplements that can cure neuropathy.

Naturally, keeping blood sugar levels under 10 also is important, but even if I currently go over 30, I still don't get back the neuropathy...except there were 2 days, when I was under extreme stress of a flood in my home, and I had to use juice boxes as I had nothing else to fend off lows from extreme exercise bailing water. So that was so unusual Aug 20-21 2009, that I don't consider it a true return of neuropathy. I so rarely drink juices. The 200ml boxes are in the fridge for extreme reactions.

The way to look up a chelation practitioner is to go to the www.ACAM.org 72 web site and enter your postal code etc. to find one who is also an MD.

Also, there are likely many NDs that do chelation, so just enter into google "chelation therapy" and your location, and find one near you.

Given that I improved 50% in 2 weeks....you should try it....who is interested? I've almost forgotten what it was like, given that was 2003.

Let's say the 3 vials of 30ml are about $30 each and you get another later of B12...then the $120 will last you over a year, so a cost of $10 a month should not be scary, and most of you already take insulin by subcutaneous injection, so why not B vitamins? I can assure you that your MOOD will improve too and also your blood sugar management improves, although I can't say exactly why. I tried a new C-peptide test to see if it increases my own production, but that was false, it actually is so low it is only 14. So while B vitamins help me take less insulin, I can't say what the exact mechanism of action is, although I know B vitamins are used in the metabolism of food.

If you choose to use B vitamins orally, then still use the B supplements 3x day, because I say I did not improve at all with once a day. Also B vitamins require friendly bacteria in the intestines and intrinsic factor in the gut for absorption, so that is why I decided the injection manner would be more effective and it sure did work. I was taking just a mix of 20u, but 5x a day....for the 2 weeks.

Then when I saw it was working, I did just 3x a day injections every 8 hours. This was all based on a study I found that said that 80% of B vitamins were gone from the blood within 8 hours, so I decided OK that means 3x a day injections....but I'll try it more frequently first, to see how it works....so I settled on a mix of 20u every 4 hours while awake, but slept 8 hours.

So, people with neuropathy, how about you try it? Just add in the 20u 5x a day injections for 2 weeks and see how it goes....it is not a waste of your money because I can say that everyone says it improves mood too. I notice that and so do others whom I have helped.
You won't find a place to buy small 10ml vials of B vitamins, except B12 and B6. I can guarantee that only taking B12 by injection is not enough... also it has to be methylcobalamin, not the cheaper cyanocobalamin. The liver would have to be counted on to change the cyano into methyl and I decided it was worth just getting the fully active form of B12.

So, I've given you enough information to go on. I'm not selling anything. I'll just wait to see how many people try it and improve....if you don't try, you'll never find out.

I'll answer any questions gladly, in this forum, so everyone can see the questions and answers.

If you don't try, you'll be missing out.

I could ALSO ASK...are there any others who have already tried it, by injection? I don't mean just B12...I mean a mix of all the Bs and even 3x a day of oral folic acid?

I am fairly certain, the reason I did so well was that I also continued the Vit C in high doses, the magnesium and other supplements is regular doses. In other words a single supplement will not cure anyone....it takes a wide variety, so it does take more than just the B vitamins by injection.

Naturally, I checked all the safety issues. A,D,E, K are the fat soluble vitamins and they were all within easy safety limits. The B6 issue, that you will read about, was very small at 2.5mg per injection so even at 5x a day that is 12.5mg and that is far below the concern of 500mg or even 200mg total per day. That was one of the reasons I chose to do the therapy via injection as opposed to via oral supplements where more is taken due to the problem of absorption difficulties. That is referring to only the B6.

As we know, even standard conventional medicine routinely injects a whole 1cc of B12 at one time. In my opinion that is not as effective as much smaller amounts more consistently to ensure that less is wasted down the toilet. As one study said that 80% is gone within 8 hours, that is why I decided on 3x a day and decided to call it "room service for the nerves."

I knew about the Tylenol concerns and so I kept my amounts as low as possible from Oct 2002 to Jan 2003 and then did not need to renew the prescription. I would resort to Tylenol 1 if needed. I do not feel any benefit in taking Tylenol. I did not detect that it gives any feeling of being an "upper" like maybe other pain medications like Valium, which I have had just once in my life, so I do know what that feels like, as it was given in a hospital.

If people want to instead take pain medications for the rest of their life, I guess that is the standard conventional medicine approach, but it was not going to be my choice for life. When I set out doing my research, I had no idea what the outcome would be.

I still say it is worth each person with neuropathy trying it. If a person has had the problem for many years, possibly it may take longer to reverse, but it still is worth trying it. And above all, remember that nerves hurt MORE when they are regenerating, which is one concept that people find very hard to understand and I think that is precisely why so many people stop everything that starts to be effective…see the problem in that? That is also why it is so important to do the 5x a day routine, even though more trouble, because it brings a quicker solution. I was in a hurry, as anyone would want the pain to stop ASAP.
As soon as you notice an improvement, you then know that it is just time that is required. Also, keep blood sugar levels down, as anyone who has neuropathy can readily attest to the fact that pain is higher if the blood sugar level goes very high.

Also, I had made a batch of red wine in the spring of 2009, and had literally had 375 ml about 5 nights a week prior to the one incident when I had the flood. That was a co-incidence, but I would say that my B vitamin levels were likely compromised. I did not have B vials on the go at that time, until Oct 2009, when I decided to start again. So, every which way you look at it, the B vitamins help, and alcohol is a detriment. As we should all know from our reading that the liver stores B vitamins, among it various jobs, and alcohol does not help. My GGT level is actually 14, so I do not have a liver problem. I can also say that it is vitamin C calcium ascorbate taking that has kept my liver healthy.

...
Hi RW....If you join TuDiab and have your "page" filled out more, people can check there to see more medical details of your situation which I did in order to see how long you've been diabetic and what type of D you have etc.....but it's not there. But anyway I will answer here.....

I just took another injection this morning. And I took one last night before going to bed. The injection is into fat, but eventually gets to the blood stream, as it does with our insulin injections.

10u MethylB12 + 5u B complex +5u B6 =20u total but after inverting it many times so it is well mixed, I inject half in one location and pull it out and inject the other half in another location. I have just started doing that splitting of location so less goes into each location, recently.

The best solution is to do so 3x a day evenly spaced, but if you work, then inject in the morning, take a B50 capsule at lunch while at work, and inject on arriving home and then inject before bed. Two of these vials need to be kept in the fridge, but the B12 can be kept completely covered, in the dark at room temperature because if it were also in the fridge, you would find the coldness of the injection very hard to bear and I have not even tried that. The B12 will say on the bottle to keep in the fridge, but I can't be bothered with that as I learned it is fairly stable at room temp and I could not bear the idea of the stinging of the large injections....BUT I am now planning a new approach with my next set, as I have decided on the splitting of location for the injections.
So you are the FIRST person I have mentioned this to as I am deciding as I write this....I will do equal amounts of each vial 5u+5u+5u=15u, but inject into two locations 7u+ each place, as per the DrB suggestion of "rule of small numbers" where he says no more than 7u injected in one location even though multiple injections may be done at the same time, one after the other. It will NOT take a mixing of more than one shot, but just an injection and push the plunger half way and pull out and inject elsewhere and push the rest in...simple.

My rationale in 2002 had been B12 at room temp would warm up the cold other two and make the 20u injection easier to bear. It worked, but the B12 runs out before the other two, so I usually get another B12 when one runs out.

But as I do not use the the injections as frequently, these days, as I am using them for general health and to boost my red blood cell count which is working. I also get Bvits in my MultiVitMin.

...
I would love to be of help, but the dragons on this site breathing down my neck make this close to impossible.

However, this is a very good start and it must be done this way. The supplement I am going to suggest is an extremely good one, rated 5/5 by a scientific team and you can get it on Amazon.com 48. If you agree to never take it only with water as that would WASTE it down the drain and who wants to do that? To be properly absorbed vitamins need to be taken with food so they go into the bodily system with the digestive enzymes working. It is the case that unused vitamins end up being eliminated and that is not how to get better.

So to LunaS please get the professional grade Douglas Laboratories Ultra Preventive X tablets for which an adult dose in the USA is 8 per day and take two per each of four little meals that would be enough to get them absorbed and allow the nutrients to run around the body in the blood to feed the nerves as they want when they want. Simple, yet who thinks of it…apparently no one accept it crossed my mind and my approach does work. Go Figure. That alone can most likely get you better, but you could also add a few more, but at least try that for two weeks and see how that goes and report in here so others see the progress, as I sure hope others will follow suit. That will end up costing you about $2 a day and for the price of a daily coffee I think that is not too much to have to dish out to get better. It also will help your health in other ways. Vitamins need to be in balance, so this is the best first step and may be all you need.

But also since your case sounds like it was due to a possible antibiotic, make sure you take prebiotics after ever course of antibiotics as B6 is absorbed through the intestines with the help of friendly bacteria and killing them off is probably one main reason the antibiotics cause neuropathy and the reason why my providing them via injection which bypasses the absorption issue as they then go into the blood without needing the intestinal absorption. That might well be why I got 50% better in just two weeks with the injections.

So make sure you read up on prebiotics and establishing a friendly bacteria level in your intestines. This knowledge will help you for life.
...
It is highly likely the medication you took for that urinary infect was indeed a fluoroquinolone antibiotic as that is commonly used for that purpose. Are you a diabetic or not? Some have not been a diabetic but got the neuropathy for the same approach where they were given an antibiotic to kill of the urinary bacteria considered to be the problem, but ended up with another problem as neuropathy can be horrendous.

So given you are in Portugal does that make importing an order form amazon difficult? If you have any professional grade Multi, tell me what the name is and I will se what reviews there are for it. It might be just as useful. But not all drug store brands are even worth considering. My goal would be to get you better FAST.
Please also look up on the Dr Mercola website about how vitamin D needs K2 in order to be properly used. Glad you are using D3 instead of the synthetic D2 which is what vitamin D drugs are made out of and is harder to be made use of in the body.
About the B12 causing pain. If you take it with food and your blood sugar level goes up after a meal as it does for everyone even non-diabetics that would be the cause of the pain not the B12. And more at one time is not effective as it is better to take very small doses though the day. Are you using methylcobalamin or cyanocobalamin? The latter is synthetic with cyanide included and I do not suggest that is a good choice but doctors use it because they don't know better. A few years ago my doctor told me he decided to only order the methylcobalamin in vials instead of the cyanocobalamin and he felt I would like to know as we had discussed it in 2003 in January. He has three clinics and treats myriads of people in two cities. So my influence has at least bought about some positive changes with one MD rated as top GP in Toronto according to a patients ratings on www.rateMDs.xxx 4 which means you know what as this site has a policy of eliminating any reference to a dot com site as they consider that bad practice. It is a rate the doctors site and does not sell anything, but shows which doctors do well by their patients worldwide. So that again is the system doing us harm and TuDiabetes needs to be taken to shame once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

20–33% PwP have mild cognitive impairment (MCI) at time of diagnosis, but 83 percent of those still living with the disease after 20 years have dementia. | Parkinson’s Dementia: Stages, Behavior, Symptoms, and More

Dementia is a condition that causes a decline in thinking, reasoning, and problem-solving.  About 20–33% PwP have  mild cognitive impairment...