Dentist's Advice: Stop Flossing! Use An Oral Irrigator Instead.
Flossing teeth does little good, investigation finds as US removes recommendation from health advice
---------- Forwarded message ---------
Flossing teeth does little good, investigation finds as ... - The Telegraph
https://www.telegraph.co.uk › News › Science
Aug 2, 2016 - The NHS is to review guidance on flossing your teeth after health ... the recommendation, admitting that there is no scientific evidence to ... 2 August 2016 • 10:37pm ... it turns out that the only people really benefiting were the dental floss ... The NHS states on its website that dental floss "helps to prevent ...
Dentists have stopped being strung along by the great flossing yarn ...
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/aug/.../dentists-great-flossing-yarn
Aug 3, 2016 - The fact is, the British dental profession gave floss a quiet burial years ago after sneaking it out the back and finishing it off humanely with a lump-hammer. ... quietly dropped its recommendations for flossing because under the law, ..... 9 10. On the contrary, I think flossing is a good idea as you tend to get a ...
Should You Still Floss? Here's What the Experts Say - Live Science
https://www.livescience.com › Health
Aug 11, 2016 - [9 Healthy Habits You Can Do in 1 Minute (Or Less)] ... At a basic level, dentists and hygienists recommend flossing as a ... One, to help prevent tooth decay that can originate from the ... [10 Medical Myths that Just Won't Go Away] ... You have to go out of your way to hurt yourself doing this type of cleaning.
Dentist's Advice: Stop Flossing! - MindBodyGreen
https://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-10026/dentists-advice-stop-flossing.html
Yep, you read that right: I'm a dentist and I'm suggesting that you throw away your floss. When I first advise my patients to stop flossing, they usually look at me like I'm ... If these pathogenic bacteria grows out of control and enter our blood stream, ... I suggest that all my patients, instead of flossing, use an oral water irrigator ...
Should you floss or not? Study says benefits unproven - BBC News
https://www.bbc.com/news/health-36962667
Aug 3, 2016 - An investigation into flossing finds years of dental recommendations are backed ... website: "Dental floss helps to prevent gum disease by getting rid of pieces of ... in the past ten years, found evidence for flossing was "unreliable", "very low .... 9 Winter in LA: The joy of rain in a city famed for its sunshine · 10 ...
Secrets Your Dentist Will Never Tell You | Reader's Digest
https://www.rd.com/health/wellness/dentist-secrets/
Find out the reasons you notice bleeding gums when you brush your teeth. ... Proper oral hygiene requires ten minutes of brushing and flossing every day. The average ... Don't miss the nine things dentists want you to know about teeth whitening. ... I feel really good when patients accept 40 percent of what I recommend.
No comments:
Post a Comment