Friday, May 3, 2019

all-on-4 fixed denture/bridge hybrid incl Phonares Ivobase

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxcIyzPdxrLJSsQ0LRUv_Rg
wear dentures change your smile

Bad teeth, dentures, and dental implants: My Story  17m
Published on Oct 3, 2016
Here's the timeline of events, from bad teeth, to dentures, to dental implants. Most of you already know my story but for those just now tuning in, I thought I would compile all of this in one video so you don't have to scroll through almost 6 years of videos to piece everything together.
In December of 2010, I went to Dr. Davis at Coastal Dental here in Jacksonville, FL. I had all of my teeth removed and immediate dentures placed. The cost of extractions and the dentures was around $4150.
In August of 2012, I went back to Dr. Davis and had them make my final set of removable dentures, otherwise known as "perms". The total cost of these dentures was about $2250.
Shortly after I received my final removable dentures, I entered a smile makeover contest through Dr. Golpa's Dental Implant Center in Las Vegas. I was announced the winner on January 1, 2013. I flew to Vegas in March of 2013 and had the All-On-4 procedure done, where four implants were placed on the top, four on the bottom, and two, non removable (only the dentist can remove them) hybrid dentures were placed. The approximate value of all of the work I had done was around $45k.
In 2014, I was contacted by Ivoclar Vivadent and offered a replacement of my hybrid dentures, using their Phonares teeth and Ivobase processing for the acrylic. It was the sam set-up I received from Dr. Golpa, just using Ivoclar's products. Dr. Will Martin at the University of Florida provided all of the preliminary work and maintenance. The hybrid dentures were made by a team of educators, Don Yancey and Rick Rought, at Ivoclar's training facility in Sarasota, FL. The titanium framework for the hybrid dentures was fabricated by Tom Wade. The approximate cost of the titanium framework is $3k-$4k per arch and the approximate cost of the actual hybrids, using Ivoclar's products, is around $4k-$6k per arch.
I am very grateful for the smile I now have but please remember, I started at the very bottom and worked my way up. Don't let cost discourage you, you have to start somewhere. You can always upgrade as it becomes financially possible to do so.

7:55 what is 'reline material' that you did yourself at home? what does that lingo mean?   11:55 hybrid dentures made without material over palette. dentist every 3-6 months must remove, clean and reset them: sounds high maintenance. 12:15 Ivoclar Vivadent offered better looking acrylic hybrid. 14:55 needed implants to stabilize bone vs bone loss (eventually you can no longer wear dentures). 

weeks ago i found "mini dental implants" aka 'fixed dentures' aka no surgery ex bone graft. your take? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIHGZ_sWw_U 3m https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPO9o90eiOQ 5m https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TJtAqBrzHo 21m https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5-Jy-kk8ww 28m  



New Phonares Hybrid Dentures! Part 1  17m
kalinjax
Published on Oct 14, 2015
I finally got my new bridges! This is part one of a two part video.
These are the from Ivoclar Vivadent's Phonares II line.
Shade: BL4
Mold: S71, Upper anterior S72
Check our Ivoclar's Website for more information!
www.morethanadenture.com


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2XlvTYTtD0 
New Phonares Hybrid Dentures! Part Two  12m
Published on Oct 14, 2015 
 

All-on-4 Bridge is Loose!  9m
kalinjax
Published on Aug 17, 2013

3:45 there can be problems with all-on-4 denture bridge implant hybrids. 4:15 plenty issues, wasn't prepared for the kind of pain, or that a molar would break off, or that a year in my whole bridge was on brink of falling out. out of state dentist can pose expensive hurdles. chewing sticky gum is likely tougher than apples on dental systems. but it sounds like it was under strain. like what ryan says: You speak of pressure at the beginning of this video when the prosthesis is being placed. For those of you having this treatment done, if you experience similar sensations, bells and alarms should be firing. ... This causes the sensation of pressure in your mouth, creating unintentional and undesired stress on the implants and the screws that hold the prosthesis in your mouth, possibly leading to the breakage you have experienced. You should have a PASSIVE fit! 
 
Before and After Dentures  15m
kalinjax
Published on Aug 15, 2012
Dentures done by Dr. Davis @ Coastal Dental Services http://www.fldental.com

12:15 dental problems got super amplified post pregnancy indicates genetic/metabolic. are you MTHFR? my guess is you are. you can find out by uploading your DNA raw file from ancestry/23andme to readers. 


Dentures, what you need to know before you go to get yours!  12m
Deborah Adams
Published on Oct 26, 2016
This is my story of getting my temporary dentures with important information I wish I would have known before I got mine.

--- nyree 
I am a certified Denture technician and just wanted to add a few other things to ask when considering a denture or a partial..and feel free to ask me a question if i did not cover it.
1. make sure upper and lower midlines are centered and match. better esthetics 
2. for immediate dentures, not all doctors make u purchase another set. some offer a reline being done once gum tissue is healed. if they do, then pick the teeth u want ahead of time so once u are healed all they have to do is reline tissue side of denture so u can get the tight fit u need. this is an option to ask if u are low on funds but need the denture. 
3. don't be afraid to ask for changes. you are paying for dentures and u should get what u want. dont feel rushed during a try in..if its something that does not look right to u..then say so. it is easier to correct at this point then waiting to make changes after denture is processed. if u wait..u may be charged for the changes.
4. your opinion matters. this is a decision u have to live with so get what u want. what makes u comfortable. what helps you keep confidence in your smile.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EZt5xBRGLM
Pros And Cons Of Implants VS Dentures  16m
My Beautiful Smile
Published on Oct 13, 2018
I had someone ask me what the pros and cons were is getting implants vs dentures.
https://www.mydenturecare.com/en-us/g...
 
primary pro for implant:  prevent bone loss, more stability, no adhesive.  primary con:  many many months of healing involved.  will ask if there is more stability with regular vs mini implants.  snap in dentures: chew force?  the fixed dentures perm bridge type you need to visit dentist 2x/year to have them removed/cleaned/reset or they wont last.  


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmdUBydI2wA
Why I chose NOT to get immediate dentures.  13m
Molly B
Published on Jul 19, 2017

sounds like all on 4 is really "all but 4 on 4." 3:20 all on 6 is super expensive so wasn't option. snap-in dentures 25-30k depending on bone grafting. 4:55 immediate dentures: my dds talked me out of it, success rate not high, gums shrink, bone loss, time needed for adjustments, teeth can be 'horsey' big teeth, denture gets taller so teeth get further away from gums. 7:35 decided to go without teeth for awhile to heal better faster and dentures will fit nicer later.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

20–33% PwP have mild cognitive impairment (MCI) at time of diagnosis, but 83 percent of those still living with the disease after 20 years have dementia. | Parkinson’s Dementia: Stages, Behavior, Symptoms, and More

Dementia is a condition that causes a decline in thinking, reasoning, and problem-solving.  About 20–33% PwP have  mild cognitive impairment...