Saturday, March 30, 2019

The Iodine Crisis: What You Don't Know About Iodine Can Wreck Your Life: Lynne Farrow, David Brownstein MD

https://www.amazon.com/Iodine-Crisis-What-About-Wreck/dp/098603200X/ref=pd_sim_0_1/134-7623796-7131061?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=098603200X&pd_rd_r=881fca7e-5329-11e9-8836-b3396bafd0bf&pd_rd_w=8dPuM&pd_rd_wg=Qebt7&pf_rd_p=a82f194e-9828-4435-9ac5-420d6c0a1744&pf_rd_r=2XEAF94G1RW3Q481EDSJ&psc=1&refRID=2XEAF94G1RW3Q481EDSJ
The Iodine Crisis: What You Don't Know About Iodine Can Wreck Your Life: Lynne Farrow, David Brownstein MD: 9780986032004: Amazon.com: Books 2013
by Lynne Farrow  (Author), David Brownstein MD (Foreword) 
 
Thanks to environmental pollutants Iodine deficiency has become a worldwide epidemic. Everybody knows pollutants cause cancer. What they don't know is that these pollutants cause a deficiency that can make us sick, fat and stupid. Iodized salt--supposedly a solution to iodine deficiency-- is actually a nutritional scam which provides a false sense of security. 

The Iodine Crisis explains how we became so deficient, then shows the time-tested solution to reversing many conditions. Lynne Farrow reveals how she and thousands of other patient-activists changed their lives by researching and using iodine. Frequently Asked Questions cover everything you need to know about iodine. The proof of iodine's benefit is demonstrated by the dramatic case studies shared in this book. 
 

About the Author

Lynne Farrow is a whistle blower. She is also a journalist, researcher, former college professor and speaker. Her own experience with breast cancer led to the discovery that someone had stolen a medicine with proven benefits reaching back 15,000 years. A medicine that not only helped her, but has helped millions. She currently serves as the Director of Breast Cancer Choices, Inc., a nonprofit organization dedicated to the scrutinizing the evidence for breast cancer procedures and treatments. Lynne is the editor of IodineResearch.com, where she has compiled materials for both beginning and advanced iodine investigators. Visit Lynne's website at LynneFarrow.net


--
Annie - Dramatic results - good-bye grave.

The book is well-researched and packed with solid information. I would like to encourage others with my own story. In the past two years I have gradually increased my iodine intake. Since beginning the iodine (very low dose), I have lost 17-20 pounds without dieting a single day, and it has stayed off (even during the holidays). With each iodine increase, my energy has increased. In the past two weeks I have started using Lugol's 2% (only one drop a day which I think experts would consider a teeny amount). I gave no thought to seeing any changes, so after doing several extra nonessential chores for 3-4 days I realized it has to be the iodine increase. If my energy is really low, it causes a minor case of the blues. With the recent increase I am feeling even more uplifted all through the day. 
I tried two drops yesterday which upset my stomach (I then drank a second big glass of water which did the trick), my face became flushed, my scalp itched for a couple of minutes, and an itchy hive broke out on my neck. However, none of this was a problem--other than my concern that it might get worse--and it all lasted less than five minutes. I went back into the book and read that taking the iodine with food on the stomach usually solves the upset stomach. Some say taking it early is best as late-day doses can keep one awake. For years I felt like a deflated balloon all day long. Everything I accomplished was only through a very hard push. Now I feel like I'm up out of the grave, and I am eager to experience more improvements as I continue to increase the dosage.

--
Jeffrey Dach MD
The Return of Iodine as Breast Cancer Prevention

The Iodine Crisis by Lynne Farrow, A Book Review by Jeffrey Dach MD

If you are a woman diagnosed fibrocystic breast disease or with breast cancer, you need to read this book. If you are a woman who undergoes repeated breast procedures such as breast cyst aspirations or repeated biopsies of breast nodules, then you need to read this book. If you are a breast cancer survivor, then you need to read this book.

As an interventional radiologist for 30 years, my job was to read the mammograms and perform the procedures, the breast biopsies and needle aspirations. Some women had multiple cysts and nodules and returned to the department every year for repeat aspirations and biopsy procedures. After their procedure, these women would ask me, "Doctor, what can I do to make these cysts and nodules in my breast go away"? And for 30 years I would throw up my hands and say "We just don't know".

After I retired from radiology and returned to clinical medicine in 2004, I attended medical meetings and there was David Brownstein MD and George Flechas MD addressing the doctor audience about the Iodine project and the health benefits of Iodine supplementation. Iodine is the answer to fibrocystic breast disease. Iodine is the answer for breast cancer prevention. Iodine is the answer I should have been giving to all the women over the years I worked in the hospital X-ray department, but didn't. So I am making up for it now. We routinely test for Iodine level, and give Iodine supplements to every woman in my clinic.

Lynne Farrow is a gifted writer and her book chronicles in exquisite detail her personal story and discovery of Iodine, and her journey as an Iodine advocate. Her book describes how Iodine was used for decades as a natural medicine, and then virtually eliminated from mainstream medicine and our food in the 1960′s by bad research.

You will find it difficult to put this book down. There is much more of the story to be told, so go ahead and get yourself a copy and read it over and over again. Share it with your friend, and go online to Lynne Farrow's BreastCancerChoices.org and the Iodine Group to spread the word and spark a new revolution in the use of Iodine. You can share with Lynne Farrow her mission to restore Iodine to its rightful place on the shelf in Mainstream Medicine.

Other books on this topic:

Iodine: Why you need it, Why you can't live without it by David Brownstein MD

Breast Cancer and Iodine : How to Prevent and How to Survive Breast Cancer By David Derry MD

Author of this book review: Jeffrey Dach MD

--
Read and take care of yourself!

Great book! Well written and researched. I'm beginning my Iodine Protocol immediately. I knew there was something bad about bread that affected my health, Bromine! Amazing how much of your health is affected by a lack of Iodine! Bromine in bread depletes your Iodine, even if you're getting some elsewhere which is unlikely to be enough.

--
Mara
my skin looks amazing and I have more energy

This book changed my life. I just found out that I have had a low acting thyroid. I tried iodine therapy with a low dose supplement but got little results. After reading this book I decided to try the iodine loading. I did not clear this with my nutritionist , but I knew I had an issue with the thyroid and that iodine was a treatment. I did the 50mg loading. As of this date I'm two months into it. My body temperature has gone up 2 degrees. I was very low .. about 95.5 in the morning. last check I was up to 97.2. Still low but going up. My body fat is beginning to burn, my vision has cleared up, my skin looks amazing and I have more energy.  I recommend this book to anyone really. The lack of iodine in our food in the US needs to be remedied.

--
F. Van
This Book Belongs in Every Family's Home

Lynne describes how Iodine Deficiency is a world wide epidemic that contributes to the following diseases and their cures:
* Fibrocystic Breast Disease & related cancers
* Polycistic Ovary Syndrome & related cancers
* Uterus fibroids, cysts, endometriosis & related cancers
* Thyroid problems
* Brain Fog,
felling stupid
* Headaches
* Prostate problems
* Hormonal imbalance
Her testimonials detail many other conditions caused by, and cured by iodine,
She presents a fascinating history of iodine to cure health problems going back 15,000 years. Her book is fun to read. She details how her own life was wrecked by iodine deficiency, including fibrocystic breast disease with resulting breast cancer, hypothyroid, brain fog, feeling FAT & stupid and more, all cleared up after starting the Dr. Brownstein Iodine Protocol. She details many doctor's research into iodine and who stole iodine from us. This book is a MUST HAVE for every family and especially important for the women in your life, since women need far more iodine than men do for their female organs.  

--
Tara
Fantastic Book. Thank you.

I preferred this for reading over the Dr Brownstein book. I bought it to learn how to treat Fibrocycstic Breast Disease. Amazing. It has nearly all gone! Highly recommend this book - however, taking iodine is NOT straight forward and you do need to educated yourself. Detoxing can be horrible and scary - joining one of the online groups on Facebook is a must to make your journey successful. I have also successfully applied iodine topically to several benign cyst things that I had for years and within weeks that had almost vanished. Now I put iodine on anything that looks suspect.

--
killthebananas
informative, but not in the way I'd hoped

I've been scouring the internet off an on for years trying to learn all I can about iodine supplementation. it can be a really complicated and nuanced thing to incorporate. I've supplemented with lugols 2% off and on for years at varying doses. I usually stop after whatever ailment clears up out of fear for my thyroid.

so I finally decided it was time to buy dr. brownsteins book (no kindle option) so I bought this kindle book to hold me over. I found it informative, but not in the way I was looking for. I wanted specifics on how to dose appropriately, how quickly to ramp up the dose, things to look for which might signify problems, companion nutrients... basically I want to know everything and anything I need to know to use iodine safely. 

I found very minimal information to that effect. the book is mostly anecdotes and the author describing the history of iodine, and how she developed her critical thinking and curiosity from childhood. what little information I did find regarding dosing and whatnot, I peiced together from the included anecdotal tales from other people with similar issues to my own. I haven't quite finished to book yet, im about 66% through, so maybe that info is in the final pages. ill update if it is. but if it is, im really disappointed that I had to wade through so much irrelevant information (iodine history, anecdotes, authors childhood stories) to get to it.

I am still giving it 4 stars though, because I did still learn a thing or two, and I found the anecdotes compelling and hopeful. I just wish the text, overall, was less repetative, and less focused on the authors personal life as it, for the most part, does not specifically relate to her use of or experience with iodine.

**update: I finished the book. still didn't find the specific info I was looking for. I'm now reading dr. brownsteins book and am finding more specifics for dosing. I recommend it over this one. it covers most of the same info and then some. 

--
suzievacation

day 1 take 3 drops
day 2 4 take 4 drops
day 3 take 5 drops
day 4 take 6 drops
day 5 take 7 drops
day 6 take 8 drops
day 7,8, and 9 rest don't take any then start all over again. 

--
MTEK - Easy read

Informative and an easy read. I would have liked to have more information regarding general dosing; With what and when, how and what might be more likely to cause malabsorption. When taken with B2-B3 cofactors, is it with the iodine, before or after, by how long??? Those type discussions would have been helpful. the book was somewhat repetitive in places but still had much good information. I have already loaned it out to two different friends and it will be a good reference. 

--
Rae 76 - eye opening

So glad to read this. I wish the book was organized better though. In between info, testimonials took away from the flow. I am going to have to find a better resource with very clear instructions. Almost read like a research paper, not a book.

--
Aletheuo
It is difficult to ignore the volumes of testimonials from people that have taken iodine and have had good results. I think this book is a good starting place, which is likely what the author intended. Additional reading and study is needed by the individual in order to make a good decision for yourself and/or your family. I'm considering trying the 12.5 mg iodine supplements myself even though I do not have any health issues that trouble me. I am more concerned about figuring out how to get bromide out of my diet without having to move to the country and starting my own farm.

--
Nichole Hall 

This book was very informative. From a writing perspective there is a lot of repetition and redundant information. But as a reader, I can see the author needing to get her point across and as one who doesn't retain information very well (probably due to a lack of iodine) the repetition did help me remember what I read without having to re-read the book. I had no idea this could be the underlying cause of my ailments. I suffer from chronic illness and periodically try to seek out new treatment options. Turns out iodine isn't that new! I plan to implement the iodine supplement plan and see how I fare.

--
Jennifer
I've been having a hard time with my weight for the 15 years. I eat a low carb, no sugar diet. All natural whole foods only, exercise every morning for an hour 5 days a week and still could not get off the weight. Every doctor I went to told me I fine. All blood work was normal. Really? I had low energy and felt depressed for a long time. What could possibly be wrong? I finally stumbled upon this book, and also received another book called Overcoming Thyroid Disorders. I read them back to back. Amazing! I finally had hope. I took all my informaiton and went to a different doctor. I chose a reputable holistic doctor instead of my regular MD. It was like night and day. He was in complete agreement with everything I presented about iodine and possible hypothyroid. He had me do a 24 hour urine analysis to test my iodine levels, plus a reverse T3, T4, TSH test. Everything came back that I was lacking iodine, which consequently is wreaking havoc on my thyroid. Since my thyroid isn't working well, and is considered HYPO under the new guideline, we're now checking my adrenals too. since it's all connected. For years I suffered and finally see a light at the end of the tunnel. My depression has gone away, and looking forward to the weight loss. The book is very well written and easy to understand. Being able to have an intelligent conversation with my Dr. was fabulous. I'm very well educated on my issues these days, and look forward to learning even more.


No comments:

Post a Comment

20–33% PwP have mild cognitive impairment (MCI) at time of diagnosis, but 83 percent of those still living with the disease after 20 years have dementia. | Parkinson’s Dementia: Stages, Behavior, Symptoms, and More

Dementia is a condition that causes a decline in thinking, reasoning, and problem-solving.  About 20–33% PwP have  mild cognitive impairment...