https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6w00-qGAP
The latest treatment for peripheral neuropathy. - 6m
ABC15 Arizona
Published on Sep 21, 2010
Published on Sep 21, 2010
0:45 PN is difficult to diagnose, associated to diabetics, but 70% are not diabetic, there are 100 known causes. numbness/tingling/pain, feel cold/hot, like they're freezing/burning.
2:00 what is your secret ltherapy: the laser must have right wavelengths and spacing of diodes, length of treatment time. if you get it wrong you delay the healing. you have to improve nerve potentiation/activity. 2:45 i suffered neuropathy post-surgery, tried many things that didn't work, and laser therapy helped me.
3:10 we have a boot that wraps the whole foot.
-- Jeremy Moore
I had type 1 diabetes for 20 years. I have severe pain in my feet and hands. It's so bad I use to fantasize about cutting my hands and feet with a chainsaw. I tried many meds and nothing would work. 10 years ago I started going to a methadone clinic for pain and it works great. Sometimes I miss a day and the pain is back the next morning. I'll go take my dose and the pain quits in 20 minutes. No pain whatsoever. But I'm tired of taking it. I don't see myself going there for the rest of my life. Does anyone know of any other meds that will work? Thanks, Jeremy.
I had type 1 diabetes for 20 years. I have severe pain in my feet and hands. It's so bad I use to fantasize about cutting my hands and feet with a chainsaw. I tried many meds and nothing would work. 10 years ago I started going to a methadone clinic for pain and it works great. Sometimes I miss a day and the pain is back the next morning. I'll go take my dose and the pain quits in 20 minutes. No pain whatsoever. But I'm tired of taking it. I don't see myself going there for the rest of my life. Does anyone know of any other meds that will work? Thanks, Jeremy.
-- Biomez
Jeremy Moore im in the chainsaw phase and nobody knows, man everyone in my life tries to brush it off like its nothing but if they had it themselves it would be a different story. The only people that can relate are those who have it themselves. Id rather have my arms snapped in 2 than this bs
-- julesdownunder
@Biomez I can relate. Those other buggers who don't have it, never will. I've got acid-burning on inner aspect of both calves from lipodermatosclerosis + burning nerve pain in the soles of my feet, from who knows. I think some of us have more than one thing going on. That just makes diagnosis harder, and we all know how much time the doctors are willing to devote to considering PN. I've popped my last pain killer, and I'm heading off to elevate my legs with ice wraps, and find the most hilarious video I can find on here to distract me. All the best to you. You're not alone.
-- Nelson Lewis
Most neuropathy CANNOT be cured through surgery. True peripheral neuropathy is caused by damage to the peripheral nervous system and damage to the linings of the peripheral nerves and has NOTHING to do with the CNS. I know as I have suffered with BOTH PN and also horrible sciatica which DOES have to do with the CNS for over 37 years.
I had surgery on both my lumbar back area and my right ankle for the sciatica. It helped for about two years, then it returned with a vengence. Then 7 years ago, as a pedestrian, I was hit by an uninsured driver traveling sixty mph without her headlights on at night, and my spinal cord was severed at T-4.
I'm still alive, after dying 13 times and had 17 surgeries in 7 and a half months in the hospital. I'm paralyzed from right below the shoulders down, but it was ALMOST worth it as the horrific sciatica I've suffered with for 37 years ceased but the neuropathy remained and has crept up from my toes, up my legs into my butt and lower abdomen. It also runs from my fingertips and hands almost to my shoulders.
My PN was caused from catching hepatitis-c from my work in hospital surgeries and feels as though I'm "walking" in 2 blocks of ice and 2 hornet's nests at the same time that someone poured gasoline into and then lit on fire and are trying to put out with a couple of 2x4s. I took every pain medication for years with next to no success until 17 years ago Oxycontin came out and "bingo"!! It didn't just help with the pain, it TOOK IT AWAY. Then because of the dopers they reformulated it and now it makes me so sick I can't take it anymore and even if I do it doesn't take away the pain anymore.
Thanks Perdue, dopers and Uncle Sam, for releasing a drug that was NEVER TRIALED PROPERLY on the same day the patent was going to expire so Perdue got another new 15 year patent and can make another 80 billion dollars and so it COULDN'T BE MADE GENERIC for another fifteen years, at the expense of 30 percent of the patients who needed the OC formulation and can't take the new OP formulation. I had to have a pain pump implant and be pumped so full of Dilaudid I fall asleep in the middle of a conversation and can't even finish my goals that I set EVERY DAY, because I'm so stupid from the Dilaudid that only partially works.
I wrote my Congressman and ask for an explanation of why they VIOLATED EVERY LAW ON THE BOOKS to give Perdue that new patent on an UNTESTED DRUG AT 23 HOURS AND 59 MINUTES BEFORE THE CURRENT PATENT EXPIRATION, and while he answered 13 other inquiries on general political questions IMMEDIATELY over a few years, he NEVER ANSWERED THIS FORMAL LETTER asking why the patients in dire need got screwed and why the sweet deal for Perdue?
No Other Country Will Allow the Sale of the New Formulation in Their Country, as It Was Not Trialed Properly and Has Such Horrible Side Effects.
No comments:
Post a Comment