Friday, July 7, 2017

Baby Diagnosed with 'Rare' Genetic Disorder: MTHFR - MTHFR.Net

past headline news video:  http://youtu.be/s0vMVpuWWU0

commentary on it by MTHFr doctor/specialist: 
http://mthfr.net/baby-diagnosed-with-rare-genetic-disorder-mthfr/2011/09/11/

...

Parents:
I urge you to test yourselves and your children for MTHFR mutations.

MTHFR mutations ARE NOT RARE.
From what I've seen in the literature (I need a solid reference still):

  • The C677T MTHFR Mutation affects over 5% to 10% of the population. That is not rare.
  • The A1298C MTHFR Mutation affects over 20% – 30% of the population. That is not rare.

An individual can also have both A1298C and C677T MTHFR mutations – and others.  

Perhaps this baby has more than two of these common MTHFR mutations – as there are over 20 MTHFR polymorphisms (according to 2000 literature). I'm certain there are many more found by now.

Prevention is crucial. Test yourselves before getting pregnant and test yourself even if you are already pregnant. It is not too late to supplement with the proper nutrients.

No comments:

Post a Comment

20–33% PwP have mild cognitive impairment (MCI) at time of diagnosis, but 83 percent of those still living with the disease after 20 years have dementia. | Parkinson’s Dementia: Stages, Behavior, Symptoms, and More

Dementia is a condition that causes a decline in thinking, reasoning, and problem-solving.  About 20–33% PwP have  mild cognitive impairment...